All Kenyans who dreams of “another Kenya”; where majority will have access to food, housing, healthcare, education and clean environment among others are eligible and automatic members.
All Kenyans who subscribe to the struggle against issues of oppression, social injustice and arrogant leadership are eligible and automatic members.
All Kenyans who are dissatisfied with the status quo; who believe in the power of organized citizens and who are interested in an alternative and easily accessible platform through which to engage the public are eligible and automatic members.
Kenya is ours all of us and all of us have a God given responsibility to transform Kenya into a safe home for all of us.
You become a member of Bunge la Mwananchi by participating in civic activities geared towards realization of above goals in your area.
Bunge la Mwananchi aspire to mobilize one Kenyan at a time into a strong political force that will transform Kenya’s politics. Here’s how to start and build a Bunge la Mwananchi platform in your village, slum, community or area:
- Believe and become the CHANGE you want to see.
- Talk about the CHANGE you believe in to your relatives, friends, neighbors, workmates, acquaintances etc
- Invite your contacts to an informal discussion, dialogue or debate about local and national issues at your home or neutral place in your community or area.
- Try and make sure from the dialogue and debates that there is adopted some form of action plan on local or national issues discussed e.g. visiting the nearest Police station to discuss with OCS about insecurity in your area, petitioning your landlord about water scarcity or estate hygiene standards, petitioning the County and National Government to attend to estate roads that fall in their jurisdiction etc.
- Continue the informal forums in your area: daily, weekly or bi-weekly and also actively engage members of your platform in activities that advance the agenda of social change, link the local struggle to national and international level.
- Invite resource people, or encourage people you know with particular expertise to attend and address community forums on issues that fall within their field of expertise.
Seek to network with other Bunge la Mwananchi platforms.
You can start your own neighborhood platform around your local issues simply by rallying your neighbors on common issues and interests.
Become a Bunge la Mwananchi member today!